WHO WE ARE
PRIMA is a non-governmental organisation established in 1998 and based in the Slovak capital Bratislava. Prima’s multidisciplinary professional team works towards preventing risky behaviour in various target groups with an emphasis on a Harm Reduction approach. Our team consists of social workers, psychologists, a lawyer, doctor, nurse, social assistant and volunteers. We provide low-threshold services to people who use drugs, sex workers, homeless people and people from marginalized groups.
WHAT WE DO
MOBILE OUTREACH PROGRAM ( Prima Streetwork)
The primary goal of the mobile outreach program is to find and establish contact with risk drug users and sex workers directly on the streets. This facilitates delivering services outside the traditional office setting and provides a channel for contacting people who are not connected with formal services. We believe that outreach work with people engaging in risk activities is a crucial component in HIV and HepC prevention. We are committed to reducing the harm of both our clients and community. The mobile outreach runs three times a week and the services are free and anonymous for clients.
THE DROP-IN CENTRE ( Prima Káčko)
The low-threshold drop-in centre is open two times a week and focuses on work with active drug users. Anonymous free-of-charge services help motivate clients toward making positive changes. We focus on the part of the drug user population that is not commonly reached by higher-threshold facilities. Those who are motivated to stop, as well as those who can’t or do not wish to abstain from using at the moment. We believe in tolerance towards personal choices and in meeting people where they are currently.
The services we offer in the mobile outreach program and the drop-in centre include:
- Needle exchange
- Safe disposal of used drug injecting equipment
- Distribution of medical supplies, harm reduction materials and safer sex equipment
- Client friendly advice, information and referral
- Social counselling
- Health counselling
- Legal counselling
- Psychological counselling
- Harm reduction magazine Na Ceste (On the road)
- Guides and support leaflets
- Crisis intervention
- Basic medical care, first aid
- Anonymous HIV, Hepatitis C and Syphilis rapid testing (with test counselling and result counselling from trained medical staff )
- Tea and coffee
- Food aid
- Social assistance (accompanying clients to institutions or doctors)
Prima´s programs are based on the Harm Reduction model – a client-centered public health approach proven to be most effective in reducing sexual and drug related harm.
DO YOU WISH TO SUPPORT OUR WORK?
You can support our work financially via the donation website: https://primaoz.darujme.sk/1903/
- Sleeping bags, blankets, socks, hats and gloves
- food, coffee, tea, syrup, sugar
- plastic or paper cups
- toiletries (soaps, antibacterial gels, toothpastes, toothbrushes…)
- paper napkins, paper towels and toilet paper
- office equipment, office supplies, office paper
- canned foods, sweets, cereal bars, bottled water, juices
- first aid kits
- medical equipment
- medical accessories (plasters, bandages, rubber gloves…)
If you are interested in volunteering, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: +421 948 620 251
On behalf of everyone at PRIMA and clients we work for, we thank you for your support.
Občianske združenie Prima
Hviezdoslavovo nám. 17
811 01 Bratislava
phone: +421 948 620 251